Here are the requirements I ran across needing for the SQL backend portion for XenApp 7.15LTSR. I had to initially get full sa permission so that XenApp could setup it’s 3 databases. We couldn’t get it to work otherwise. After that, we were able to step down the permission as listed below.
- SQL server (stand alone or cluster/AG. If cluster/AG, then additional setup is needed.
- Five total drives. Two drives for OS and SQL install and one for each DATA, TEMP, and LOG.
- Service account to run SQL.
- Service account for XenApp server for adds to the farm.
- Service account for PVS if using PVS.
- Permissions for account: dbowner and securityadmin. Securityadmin is needed to create the machine account access to the database.
- SQL Database for Site, ConfigurationLogging, and Monitoring for XenApp.
- If you are using Session Recording, you will also need CitrixSessionRecording and CitrixSessionRecordingLogging.