There’s something afoot at the Circle K… So I’m sure you’ve had some fun getting the Linux VDA to work on XenApp 7.15LTSR or the newer 1906.2 pr 1909. Well…… it is a bit of a challenge. I have had some difficulties myself. It kind of felt like nailing Jell-O to a tree or lighting a flameproof candle. But…. I did manage to get it working. There are some caveats to this though. I have only been able to get it to work with Winbind and if there isn’t a define UPN set in the AD profile for the user. I’m working to resolve the issues with SSSD, then it would support the UPNs.
However, on with the show!
First off, you need to get a base install of CentOS 7.6 with Server GUI option ticked on the install. After the base install, you will have to get some files downloaded and ready to install.
I just happened to upload the files that you need to get it all sorted and working.
After you have the base install finished, you will need to do the needful with the steps below. The order matters as there are dependencies. You can follow the step-by-step in the Citrix Easy Install for the start of the setup and make sure to select Winbind for this one. As soon as I get SSSD working, then I will post the update to this.(https://docs.citrix.com/en-us/linux-virtual-delivery-agent/current-release/installation-overview/easy-install.html)
Here are the steps!
- Install LinuxVDA with (sudo yum localinstall -y LinuxVDA-1903.el7_x.rpm).
- Run the install script from /opt/Citrix/VDA/sbin/ (sudo ./opt/Citrix/VDA/sbin/ctxinstall.sh) *if you run into issue, use cd /opt/Citrix/VDA/sbin/ and then enter sudo ./ctxinstall.sh*
- Install webkitgtk with (sudo yum localinstall -y webkitgtk-2.4.9-1.2.x86_64.rpm)
- Install ICA client with (sudo yum localinstall -y ICAClient-rhel-188.8.131.52-0.x86_64.rpm).
- Copy over .pem files to /opt/Citrix/ICAClient/keystore/cacerts (sudo cp /home/user/Downloads/entrust_g2_ca.pem /opt/Citrix/ICAClient/keystore/cacerts) and /opt/Citrix/ICAClient/keystore/intcerts (sudo cp /home/user/Downloads/entrust_l1k.pem /opt/Citrix/ICAClient/keystore/intcerts). *only if you are using Entrust certs*
- Run (sudo ./opt/Citrix/ICAClient/util/ctx_rehash) to apply cert. * if you run into issue, use cd /opt/Citrix/VDA/ICAClient/util and then enter sudo ./ctx_rehash*
- Copy over color.pkla to /etc/polkit-1/localauthority/50-local.d/ (sudo cp /home/user/Downloads/color.pkla /etc/polkit-1/localauthority/50-local.d/)
- Setup machine catalog and delivery group on Citrix Studio.
- Go back to Linux machine and enter sudo shutdown -r now to reboot.
With that, you now have the words of Rufus and the code for time travel plugged in. Be excellent to each other!